Vincelli: Party of 6

Vincelli: Party of 6

Sunday, March 7, 2010

EATING FOR 3

Eating for three just seems so funny. Everytime I think about it, I just giggle. But it isn’t as glamorous as you may think, especially during this first trimester. It’s hard to consume more calories when you’re having trouble enough getting much of anything down. My stomach feels so empty and I’m weak and know I need to eat, but once I start eating, it’s as if my stomach just closes and won’t let any more in. It’s the weirdest feeling. You want to eat, but your stomach won’t let you. That is just cruel. This is proving to be difficult since I adore food so much and eating has always been one of my most favorite hobbies! I miss my food…

But, I imagine it will be much more fun during the second trimester when my appetite is a little more normal. We’ll see how this weight gain goes. For a single baby pregnancy, the average weight gain is 25-35 pounds. With twins, the average weight gain suggested is 35-45 pounds. Um…wow…this will be interesting.

At our first appointment here in Owatonna, the doctor told us some lovely news. At 28 weeks, my uterus (with twins) will be the same size as a pregnant woman full term at 40 weeks with a single baby. Oh wow…can that really be!?! I have a feeling the late summer may be interesting with me wobbling around.

But don’t get me wrong – I’m not complaining. I’m taking this all in and enjoying every second. I’ve waited a long time to have these “yuck” feelings of a pregnancy. I’ll go through anything for these little babes.

No comments:

Post a Comment