Vincelli: Party of 6

Vincelli: Party of 6

Monday, April 19, 2010

WEEK 12 - 14 SYMPTOM UPDATE

Week 12: I’ve definitely started showing now. (I finally admit it although the bump actually appeared around week 9 or 10!) The baby (babies) bump has arrived! My lower back is really starting to hurt at certain points in the day if I sit or lay too long. Eating is continuing to becoming easier and my daily naps have cut down, so my energy level has definitely improved!

Week 13: Eating is still my biggest thing. I need to eat every 2 hours and snack often or else I fade fast…very fast. I get very weak and my stomach hurts in a way I’ve never experienced before. The doc said the babies take the food and nutrients they need first, which is great! So of course, I’m the one who ends up getting weak and not getting the nutrients I need. Therefore, I need to stay on top of my eating so it doesn’t get to that point! I’m also very ready for maternity pants and need to go shopping very soon!

Week 14: My upper legs/buttocks are still very sore from the progesterone shots. It’s a numb sort of feeling and if it gets touched it hurts. Also feels bruised but there are no markings. We stopped those about 4 weeks ago and I thought they’d be healed by now. The doctor said what probably happened is when giving the intramuscular shots, some hit veins causing some little blood clots and it’s making the area sore. There’s no reason to fear that it will be a big blood clot and travel to my brain or anything. He said it will go away in time.

I made an exciting purchase this week – a full body pillow for $10. What a deal! I use it to prop under my belly and rest my leg on while sleeping. (Thanks for the advice, Emily!) It really makes laying on my side a lot easier and provides a nice barrier between Nick and I. Ha!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Babe! I love you, and am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the time the pregnancy is over you'll probably be surrounded with pillows. I had 5 pillows including a body pillow.

    ReplyDelete