Vincelli: Party of 6

Vincelli: Party of 6

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

32 WEEK APPOINTMENT

Today’s OBGYN appointment went great. I’ve gained another 5 pounds since my last appointment 2.5 weeks ago. Oh my! Baby A is measuring to be around 4 pounds 2 ounces (1876 grams) and Baby B is measuring to be around 3 pounds 12 ounces (1708 grams). That’s adding up to a lot of baby weight to be carrying around!! No wonder I’m so uncomfortable!

We saw the babies on ultrasound again. They’re so darn cute!! They’re always moving around...busy, busy little guys. I can’t remember which baby did this, but one kept sticking his tongue out at us. Little stinker!! They're competing for attention! And the biggest surprise of the appointment was to find out that Baby B has flipped. He’s now head down. So both babies are in good position for delivery. We shall see if they stay that way.

So, since Baby B has flipped upside down sometime within the last 2 weeks, what we thought was his head (the big mound always poking out of my stomach) was actually his butt! The area I feel the most movement in is where both of their feet are. So, they're kicking, kicking away!

Baby A is measuring at about 33 weeks (53 percentile) and Baby B is measuring at about 31 weeks 2 days (37 percentile). So all is looking great! My blood pressure was a little high, but nothing my doctor was concerned about. It was 130/80. It’s been low/normal the entire time until now. He said it’s not an issue until the lower number is in the 90’s.

My fundal height is measuring at 43 centimeters….so at 43 weeks along. Guess I’m “overdue!” HA! (Remember that a woman who gives birth to a single baby at 40 weeks measure about 36 centimeters. So, I’m big…very very very big.) My OBGYN wants me to rest on my left side with my feet up for at least 2 hours every day. I’m ordered to just try to take it easy. That is easier said than done.

We also went to the county fair the night after this appointment and I didn’t make it walking very far. Guess we’ll be staying clear of the fair this year! I did get a chocolate ice cream shake, mini donuts, and cheese curds though. I think I’m good on my nasty grease until next year’s fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment