Vincelli: Party of 6

Vincelli: Party of 6

Monday, September 13, 2010

WEEK 36 OBGYN APPOINTMENT

Today was our 36 week appointment. Once again, all went well. I just love that! What a true blessing! It’s a huge accomplishment as we are at the point where any time I deliver now, we can stay in Owatonna. (Although there’s always still the chance of the babies needing to go to Mayo for the NICU if need be, but most likely not.)

The babes are growing and growing! Baby A is measuring in at 2613 grams, which is about 5 lbs. 10 oz. And Baby B is 2547 grams, which is about 5 lbs. 12 oz. That puts Baby A in the 36 percentile and Baby B in the 45 percentile. And put a total baby weight of 11 pounds 6 ounces. That’s a whole lot babies!!

Our OB said if we go full term, the babies will probably be around 6 ½ to 7 pounds each! He said they won’t grow as fast now, they sort of start “plateauing” at this point. (As a single baby does around 38 weeks.) So we don’t need to worry that they’ll be 9 pounds each by the end! (He better be right!)

I’m still 2 centimeters dilated, as I was at last week’s appointment. My 37 week appointment is on Wednesday next week. If I am more dilated, the babies could come at any time. But if I’m still not anymore dilated, we could make it weeks longer. Obviously anything can happen at anytime. I just wish I wasn’t such a planner. Not knowing when is hard for me. I’d really like to schedule it in on my calendar. Don’t the babies know that? HA HA!

I weighed in a few ounces less than last week! That’s the first time that’s happened. But then again, my appointment last week was in the afternoon and we usually go in the mornings. So that didn’t have the weight of lunch on me yet! HA!

Nick and I are so amazed and thankful the babies are happy and healthy. Here are some ultrasound photos from today!

Baby A and Baby B heads together!


Baby B


Baby A

No comments:

Post a Comment