Vincelli: Party of 6

Vincelli: Party of 6

Friday, July 29, 2011

ANGEL BABIES IN HEAVEN, Charlie & Savannah

Last month, we sold our double strollers, infant car seats, etc. on Craig's List to a woman named Heidi, who was expecting twins. I looked her up on facebook and was surprised to find we had a few mutual friends. After emailing back and forth, we realized that her and Nick were freshman in the same dorm complex in college and were acquaintances. We also had another mutual friend whom I just met last summer at a church convention! And we both did IVF at the Mayo Clinic as well. I felt an instant connection with her and was excited to keep in touch with her twin's progress.

The day after she bought our items and we met in person, she found out the sexes of her babies, a boy and a girl! But after some complications and almost 4 weeks of bedrest, trying to keep the babies in as long as possible, on July 28th, Heidi's two precious twin babies were born and passed away one short hour later. Charlie and Savannah were born at 22 weeks gestation. Savannah was 1 pound and 11.5 inches long. Charlie was 1 pound, 2 ounces and 11.25 inches long. They joined their 5 previous siblings that died in previous ectopic pregnancies.

Dearest Heidi,

Words cannot begin to express my heartfelt compassion for you and Aaron. Even though I've only known you a short time, I can't help but feel a connection to you. Please know that you are not alone and that I feel with you and for you. I have prayed for you everyday since we met and I will continue to. I don't know what it's like to lose one baby, yet alone now 7 as you have, but I do know what it feels like to long so desperately for a baby. My heart is breaking and aching for you. I wish I could take away all the hurt and pain for you.

I don't know what to say to you. I don't know what to do for you. And I wish I knew why this had to happen. I don't know any of those things, but there is one thing and that I am sure of. I know that your precious angel babies are safe in the arms of Jesus. He is keeping watch over them until one day when you and Aaron will be reunited with them in heaven FOREVER! This life on earth is just temporary, so keep holding on to the faith that one day you will all spend forever together.

Whenever a loved one of mine passes away, I always imagine them dancing with Jesus. So as I think of precious little Charlie and Savannah, I picture them dancing with Jesus in heaven. They are safe, they are loved, and they are side by side with each other and their other 5 siblings.

Bless you sweet baby angels, Charlie and Savannah. You may have only been on this earth a short time, but you will live on forever in the hearts of many. Your mommy and daddy love you so much. Your tiny feet have left big imprints on my heart. I will never forget you.

Heidi & Aaron, every life no matter how fragile or brief forever changes the world. Thinking of you and remembering Charlie & Savannah.

All my love,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment