Vincelli: Party of 6

Vincelli: Party of 6

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

THESE FOLLICLES ARE BREAKING MY BACK!

On Monday afternoon I started having intense pain in my mid-back. Any way I laid didn't seem to help with the pain and I couldn't get comfortable at all. I’ve never felt anything like it. Even just laying flat on the floor didn’t help at all. I took some Tylenol and that helped for bit. I woke up with the back pain still the next morning.

Nick and I thought it must have something to do with the fertility meditations. But after talking with a nurse at the Egg Retrieval, she said it's probably because of the increased number of follicles taking up all that extra space and pushing, causing the pain. Remember that with all the medications, I have many more eggs than normal. I had around 18 follicles and in a normal cycle without medications, you only have 1. So, my ovaries were working overtime!

Turns out she must have been right because after the Egg Retrieval, the pain was immediately gone! :) Awesome! I’ve never experienced anything like that! It seemed like a miracle!

Here's an example of an ultrasound photo of someone going through IVF. That's a lot of follicles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment