Vincelli: Party of 6

Vincelli: Party of 6

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Lessons That Infertility has Taught Me

I found this in a word document that I wrote sometime in 2009. Glad I found it so I could add it to the blog! :)

Lessons That Infertility has Taught Me

I’ve learned there are many who will not understand.
But there are a few who will.
Those few will help me make it through.

I’ve learned that everyone fights their own battles.
And that everyone has their own separate burdens to bear.
God will not give you anything you cannot handle.

I’ve learned it’s okay to admit I’m hurting. It’s okay to let others in.
God gets more glory when people know I really am in a storm,
Because He’s the only reason I’m making it through.

I’ve learned that even through the many moments of sadness,
There is always a small glimpse of joy.
Even the smallest amount of joy will carry me through.

I’ve learned that I feel like no knows exactly how I feel.
There is one who knows exactly I feel.
That only one is God.

I’ve learned that I believe everything happens for a reason.
And I desperately wish I knew what this reason was.
God works miracles in unanswered prayers.

I’ve learned there are many times I feel as if I have no strength left.
But God’s strength is perfect in my times of weakness.
He will keep me strong.

I’ve learned that infertility doctors are not always encouraging.
They are not always right either.
I will trust in God, not in my doctors.

I’ve learned that my heart will break when another’s baby is born.
And I will feel bad for feeling that way, but I also feel true hope.
That hope will be enough to carry me through.

I’ve learned that people will say foolish things to try to encourage you.
These things will only make you feel much worse.
And I wouldn’t wish that upon anyone.

I’ve learned that even amongst the hardest time I’ve ever faced,
I cannot compare my life to others too much.
You have no idea what their journey is all about.

I’ve learned that people will say, “Just stop trying and it will happen.”
Or “Have fun with it.”
What a joke that is.

I’ve learned that if I close my eyes
And open my heart,
God’s comfort is waiting there.

I’ve learned to appreciate the many blessings I have.

I’ve learned that some battles you have to fight alone.

I’ve learned that I am stronger than I ever thought I could be.

I’ve learned to take one day at a time.

I’ve learned to trust in God’s time, not mine.

I've learned that prayers are answered, but not in the ways we've imagined.

I’ve learned that there is always hope.
And there is always faith.
And there is always love…

I believe in miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment