Vincelli: Party of 6

Vincelli: Party of 6

Thursday, December 8, 2011

COUNTING MY BLESSINGS



On Tuesday night, I read this from our local MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group December newsletter.
http://mopsowatonna.blogspot.com/2011/12/december-newsletter-online.html

After being asked, "What motivates and encourages you on hard days?" Creative Activities Steering Team member, Zoe Back responded:

"Sometimes it takes remembering that there are mothers out there who are homeless with their babies, mothers who are wondering how they're going to get their children clothed or fed, mothers trying to protect their children from violence, drugs and human trafficking....It's dark and heartbreaking, but it reminds me to count my blessings and remember that even one of my hardest days would be a safe haven for other moms who are struggling with so much worse."

So true and so well said. Although I am obviously aware of this, I still often take for granted my countless number of blessings. I have useless pity parties where I think my life is so hard. But Zoe is right, even my worst of days could be someone else's best.

And then this morning on facebook, a friend, posted as his status,
"I was just thinking (as I was having a pity party of one), there is someone out there who would love to have my average, or even bad days, compared to the hand they have been dealt. I am very lucky to have the life I have."

Again, another similar reminder to be thankful for the blessings I have. It must be just what I needed to take from this week. Everyday I do what my dad has always told me, "Count your blessings...name them one by one." But now I am going to remember to thank God for even my hardest times. Because turns out, they aren't really so hard after all. Perspective is a wonderful thing...

Even though my father is very wise and usually full of great advce, keep in mind that he also told me this week after I was having a rough day, "There is a light at the end of the every tunnel. Just pray it's not a train."

Thanks, dad, thanks. I feel a lot better now...ha!

Count Your Blessings!!!! Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment